Friday, 19 June 2009

Cybersnoberry

If there's one thing I think is daft, it's snobbery.

But the weirdest thing is that snobbery is getting more vulgar than the object of its ire.

I've noticed certain people on the internet have started mocking those of us that shop at LIDLs (scroll down for the 'witty' comments of Corben).
I feel a touch of Schadenfreude at the implosion of snobbery, mixed with fear of how downright stupid and absurdly inadequate many of my compatriots are. 'So then, old boy, I saw this chappie had a crest, obviously fabricated, with aubergine lozenges. I said, 'I say, don't you know that in 1315 there was a law stating that anyone with an aubergine lozenge on their crest was to be fed to starving dogs? And they didn't even see it against yellow wallpaper.gawhawhaw.'
'Ew, that's nothing. I was at the club the other day, and this chappie was talking about the funeral oration of Pericles Prince of Tyre. gwahwahwaw.'
'oh. that's like me. I was on the internet, right. And I said, we could build LIDLs for poor people.'

Thus spake the supermarket Zarathustra. Really, how much of a tool do you have to be to feel an ubermensch for buying your cabbage at Waitrose instead of Asda? I'd leave Britain tomorrow if it weren't for my friends and my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment