Friday, 15 April 2011

Ceci n'est pas une spoof


















Well, I'm with Johann Hari: I'm up on my high horse with self-righteous indignation at the Royal Wedding. And at the religious. What a wonderful country Britain would be with no religion and none of the royals. I love my country, sniff, we're such wonderful people, and it just hurts me so much that my compatriots could be so sick as to want to celebrate a young couple being married.

Of course you could say this is really sick and no matter how indifferent you are to a German-Danish bloke who's no right to any throne getting married, you feel that it's not Blighty's no.1 problem. But that wouldn't be hip. And unless you make out that this is just another sign of how bad men are (cause lets face it guys, this is the sort of thing we'd buy our daughters, isn't it? Uh, isn't it?) then you could get into hot water for questioning the PC status quo.

1 comment:

  1. I was buying baby clothes in Primark in Newcastle last summer when I saw a top for toddlers emblazoned with the slogan 'Future Footballer's Wife'.

    As Lard of 'Mark and Lard' fame would say, "No need!"

    ReplyDelete