Friday, 23 December 2011

Didn't See it coming (So soon)
















I thought United Russia were doing well, so didn't foresee either the protests or the good showings for the communists and social democrats.

I'm no fan of the communists but it is good that the social democrats are doing so well and that so many Russians want genuine reform. One of the reasons I started blogging was to defend United Russia against the dumber accusations on hitlerstalinism, though I've never disputed their real faults in economic policies and civil liberties. But given how neo-liberal ideologues are trying to leap on the protest bandwagon I just have one question: did any of the parties which have rocketed in success campaign for the release of Mikhael Khodorkovsky and the dropping of criminal charges against Berezovsky?

Thought not.

No comments:

Post a Comment